Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I decided to go sit by the neighbor's pond and enjoy the light breeze this evening. I saw a few deer (they were wondering why I was delaying their cool drink). It was really peaceful sitting there on an old stump by the water.

I got the idea to climb up into a nearby deer blind. That way maybe the deer and other wildlife would come for a drink and I could watch. Well, I got up there, sat down in the metal folding chair, and was immediately surrounded by wasps! Great. There is a nest under the seat. Didn't take me long to get down the ladder and out of there! One sting on the hand and another on my knee. Fortunately I'm not allergic to stings. Within minutes of being stung the one on my hand was already going away and is completely gone as of now. The one on my knee still stings faintly, but is almost gone too.

So much for my peaceful evening watching wildlife!

No comments:

Post a Comment