Monday, July 30, 2007

FYI:

I heard that there are some layout problems for the Castle Rock Family ATV Club's web site on certain servers. If it's any help at all to whoever takes care of it now, I looked at it this morning and in my opinion it is not server related. It's related to the viewers' different browsers, monitor resolutions, and settings on their individual computers. The probable cause is the web page templates being used. My thoughts on it are, dump the templates and use a simpler HTML document to start with. When that takes care of the layout problems in as many cases as possible, work up to fancier stuff from there, double checking with different browsers and monitor resolutions along the way.

On this machine I'm running Windows XP Service Pack 2, screen resolution of 800x600, 15 inch monitor. Here's a few screen shots I captured:

Firefox version 2.0.0.5:



Internet Explorer version 6.0.2900.2180:



Netscape Navigator version 4.8:

No comments:

Post a Comment