Friday, April 11, 2008

After milking the cows this morning, I grabbed the saw and finished cleaning up the tree that fell. First thing, I hit a nail or piece of wire in it. I think it was probably a nail. Somebody most likely nailed a sign to it many years ago. It was pretty high up on the tree to be a fence wire. I managed to finish cutting it up though. Fortunately it was an old chain anyway, and I think I got it sharpened fairly good again. I'll see how it cuts next time I head out into the woods with it. I have a couple new spare chains in stock, if I need one, plus the spare saw has a good chain on it and I have a few used chains yet that are in pretty good shape. I guess I got it covered.

Anyway, the wood is all split and stacked in the pile. It'll probably be about 4 years or so before I burn that tree.

What sucky weather. I guess I'll never get to try my technique for taking night sky photos. I'm beginning to think the space station will grow old and fall back to Earth before I ever see it again! Some of the information I have doesn't show the ISS coming into view at all for the next ten days now. Another source I use shows tonight will be a high and very bright pass, starting at 8:32 pm from the west, then a real low pass in the WSW tomorrow night at 8:53 pm. Then nothing until sometime after April 22nd. Yet a third source I use shows a real low pass again on the 14th at 7:59 pm out of the west. So, after compiling the data from all three sources, this is what I'll say is the upcoming schedule:



ISS Schedule:
11 Apr 8:30:26 WNW
12 Apr 8:52:25 W
14 Apr 7:59:55 W

No comments:

Post a Comment