Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I really did it now. Yep, I sure did. I cut my first firewood this year! Exciting, I know. I didn't get stuck either, in what's left of the snow. I can't believe it's April and I was just now able to get out there in the woods. Normally I cut periodically all winter long. Global Warming.

Usually there isn't anybody else out there. My good neighbors haven't been up all winter, but hopefully I'll see them again soon. I get to the spot where I'm going to be cutting, and there's a guy standing in the middle of it! Turns out he's from the forestry office of the DNR and doing their spring survey of the neighbor's property, since it's in the forest management program. Had a nice chat with him about the woods etc.

Brrr. It's not real cold, but it sure feels chilly! Looks like it could rain at any minute.



2 comments:

  1. I too have been thinking about cutting wood.A guy at work has been bringing it up to me cause he has a few more trees for me to cut.
    I want to fill the wood trailer before i bring it home from Russell's BUT the father-in-law is using my truck so things are on hold for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know when and maybe I'll keep you company while you're at it.

    ReplyDelete