Saturday, April 5, 2008

I trimmed those damn lilac bushes away from the house. They grow like weeds. I really like lilacs, otherwise I'd eliminate them altogether.

I got my trail bicycle all ready to go. I took the flat rack off the back and put the saddle bag basket on. Combined with the handlebar basket, I'll be able to haul a lot of stuff on the trail. I had to take the headlight and taillight off, because there wasn't room for the generator between the basket and tire. No big deal. I never ride at night and the only time I ever used the headlight was in the tunnels on the Elroy - Sparta (you're not supposed to ride while in the tunnels anyway). I've got a brand-new battery operated set still in the package, if I feel the need for a headlight.

Went out in the woods on the Hawkeye again. Still one spot where I got stuck, and I did manage to find a couple others that made the sphincter tighten a bit. With the Hawkeye it's pretty easy to get it out. I just get off the right side, put my left hand under the back rack, and squeeze the throttle with my right while walking alongside. Nothing to it. When I was stuck with the old Sportsman (that weighed 1/2 ton+) I was stuck! Not too easy to walk that one out.

The spot where I was cutting wood last Fall is fairly snow-free. I could easily start cutting wood again. I'd have to pile it in the woods for now though, since I can't get it back to the house yet without getting stuck. Stuck with a trailer load of wood behind is "old Sportsman type stuck"! Soon though. Maybe after the rain tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment