Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Oh yea, my ISP is back up and running. The other night I could dial up, but then it wouldn't go anywhere. A problem I have had many times over the years, but not since last Fall. An obvious ISP problem. Then this morning I could dial up, but it would not ring, no busy signal, nothing - just dead. Also a problem I have had many times over the years, but not for, gosh, a year maybe. Most likely a telephone company to ISP equipment problem. They had it fixed shortly after 8:00 this morning, which also leads me to believe it's a telephone company problem. Those guys are pretty independent, but my ISP techs work around the clock.

Sure wish I could get DSL here. Telephone company told me no way, never. Not way out here in the sticks just for one customer - me. Such is my luck. Satellite Internet is the only other option here besides dialup, but not for me. It's too exorbitantly expensive for my income. As it is, I think satellite television itself is way too much money for my income, especially for what you get. Which is why I don't have that either. We buy a few movies now and then, which is still less than the cost of satellite TV, and everything else we watch is for free on broadcast TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment