Sunday, April 20, 2008

Yesterday we did our part to help clean up the wildlife refuge. It's the least we can do for the privilege of being able to ride our ATVs there! (a few of the pictures are uploaded to my home page) There was some talk of light rain or drizzle, but it never happened. It turned out to be a beautiful day for it. Almost too hot by afternoon. Ashley drove the Hawkeye while I rode on the trailer and jumped off to apprehend the occasional can or wrapper. I think she actually enjoyed herself, although she'd never admit. She only said she was bored about 100 times, instead of the normal 1000 times! At first she somewhat forgot that I was riding on the trailer and ended up soaking me while going through one of the bigger water puddles! I'm certain she enjoyed that most of all!

The Hawkeye did a strange thing. I think it was just a little hot and vapor locked from riding double and pulling a trailer. After a short break, we took off and it made it about 30 feet and quit running. It acted as though it was flooded. Had to hold the throttle wide open to get it to go again. It was fine before that and after though. Just a freak thing, I guess.

Our house water pump has been acting up a little again. The well is no good, and has been no good since we bought this shack almost 20 years ago. It seemed like it was trying to over-pump the well, like it has done many times in the past. I had to adjust the output a little again yesterday, while I was trying to get loaded up to go to the refuge, then again when I got home last night. One of these days it will quit altogether. The price of a new well is incredible. I'd pound my own new well down, but it's too far to water here for a shallow-well pump to work. Just another one of those things.

JR came over last night after I got home, and we went for a short bike ride around the block. All that fresh air and exercise sure made me tired, and then I still stayed up until midnight watching Dr. Who and South Park (the new season of Dr. Who starts next Saturday night - yea!). Plus, I went out and took a bunch of pictures of the night sky again.

Here's a few of last night's pictures:

Last night's moon.
ISO speed rating: 80
Shutter speed: 1/40 sec
Aperture: f/8.0
Zoom (Focal length): 330mm (equiv.)*
Exposure bias: +0.0 EV
Original image size: 640 x 480 Pixels
Flash used: No
Date taken: Saturday, April 19, 2008
Time taken: 10:18 PM
Camera make: Canon
Camera model: Canon PowerShot SX100 IS


Moon through clouds and trees.
ISO speed rating: 80
Shutter speed: 15.0 sec
Aperture: f/8.0
Zoom (Focal length): 33mm (equiv.)*
Exposure bias: +0.0 EV
Original image size: 640 x 480 Pixels
Flash used: No
Date taken: Saturday, April 19, 2008
Time taken: 10:23 PM
Camera make: Canon
Camera model: Canon PowerShot SX100 IS


An exact representation of the sky last night (if your monitor is adjusted properly). I'm finally learning how to take night sky pictures! Oh ya, and this camera helps too.
ISO speed rating: 200
Shutter speed: 15.0 sec
Aperture: f/2.8
Zoom (Focal length): 33mm (equiv.)*
Exposure bias: +0.0 EV
Original image size: 640 x 480 Pixels
Flash used: No
Date taken: Saturday, April 19, 2008
Time taken: 10:28 PM
Camera make: Canon
Camera model: Canon PowerShot SX100 IS

No comments:

Post a Comment