Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I couldn't see the ISS last night. It was supposed to be quite low to the horizon, and it must have been behind the trees. There are no more visible passes at least through April 25th now.

I did manage to take my first (and so far only) night sky photo that actually has stars in it! I set up the tripod, pushed some buttons on the camera, flicked around some of the settings, set the timer, and walked away. 15 seconds later I looked at the viewfinder and there were stars! I was so excited that I never even tried to take a second picture - I grabbed the tripod and ran in the house to show everybody! I had it pointed in the general direction of the little dipper, and you can see part of it in the picture. The next night I go out my pictures should be better because maybe I'll think a little harder about the settings etc. And as soon as the moonlight goes away again it should help too.

Click to see the stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment