Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Winter is on it's way! I can't wait, except I could do without all the snow we had last year. I was tempted to start a fire in the stove the last couple nights, but I resisted the temptation. Which reminds me, I need to clean the chimney yet too. Anyway, the coolness feels kind of nice, and if I start a fire in the stove it would be too warm. Most years I do need a fire at least one night in the end of August.

I could really tell this morning that Winter is coming, not because it was very pleasantly cool while milking the cows for a change, but because Orion, Taurus, and the Pleiades are up high in the dark clear morning sky when I head down to the barn. I have to try my new night sky picture technique on the Summer Southern Milky Way soon, before it's gone for the year!

Just doing laundry now, before I head out to the garage to work on my old pickup. Last night we were heading to town to get Ashley from the theater and all my lights went out! I was right in front of Johnny's house, so backed up to his driveway to try to figure out what was wrong. I turned the low beams on and the lights all came back on! Turn the high beams on, and no lights. The high beams are shorting out and tripping the breaker in the light switch. When I set there idling, flipping to high beams even lugs the engine down! Holy crap. I'm hoping it's just a bad, shorted out headlight. If not, I'll have to trace the wiring harness. Shit.

Oh my god! What's the matter with Jimmy Carter's eye?