Wednesday, January 13, 2010

One Of My Woodland Pals Accidentally Evicted

Today's target, standing dead black oak.


I checked it all over and couldn't see any place that the small critters could be sheltering, otherwise there are plenty more trees that could be cut instead. So down it comes.


Cutting it up, and sure enough, a little animal house that I didn't notice when the tree was still standing. He'll have to find another place to live now.


That old saw isn't very pretty, but it runs good.


It's ready for a mauling.


Piece of cake, nothing to it.


Took this picture just because I thought it was cool; the way the sunlight was sparkling off the snow and the shadows the trees were casting across it.


My main stack for heating my own house is full again, until I need more for the porch. Now I can start refilling the stacks that I sold.


- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment