Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I was looking through some of my weather station data today and came across something interesting. Since FB is quite greedy, he started to see all the trees around here as dollar signs a few years ago, and ever since then the wind has been blowing a lot more. Until today it was just the feeling that the wind blows a lot more. Now I actually have physical proof of the wind-breaking properties of the trees. In the following average wind speed graphs, I can almost see the exact day that the major tree cutting began to have an affect (and continues to this day). Fortunately I had moved the wood stove into the house the Fall before, otherwise I'd be buying even more LP gas than the 2500 gallons that I used to. Also, one month after the graphs show the increase in average wind speed, I ended up in the hospital with pneumonia. Coincidence?

On the plus side, with so many trees gone my TV reception has never been better!

No comments:

Post a Comment