Thursday, October 25, 2007

What a beautiful Fall morning! The moon was absolutely gorgeous! When I was walking down to the barn this morning, I could tell the moon was bigger than usual and it was so bright it almost hurt to look at it. It really made the frost on the grass sparkle.

I think it's funny, Winter comes about the same time every year and probably has for at least a couple of centuries, but some people still act surprised. Duh. I'm ready. Bring it on. I may not always be happy about Winter weather, but it certainly never catches me by surprise.

The old wood stove burned up a little creosote in the chimney this morning. That's good. It makes quite a bit, not as much as it does when your wood hasn't seasoned for a few years, but it still builds up in the moderate weather. Burning a little creosote often is way better than burning a whole bunch once in awhile. I remember those "burning a whole bunch once in awhile" chimney fires when I was a kid. Yikes!

I couldn't find the comet last night after sunset. I also watched for the space station, which was supposed to pass over between 6:40 - 7:00 pm, but didn't see that either. Maybe tonight I'll look for the comet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment