Saturday, October 13, 2007

I went for a ride in the Refuge today. I started in Necedah and stopped at the Wilderness:

After I left the Wilderness, all of a sudden I had sort of an emergency. Why is it as I get older, this type of thing comes on so suddenly? Is it just me? On a Saturday night out in the middle of the Refuge, and so many cars that I was afraid I was going to crap my pants before I could find a secluded place! I'm not opposed to going in the woods in these circumstances, but would hate for a carload of nuns to stop to see if I needed help and discover me with my pants down! Boy, was I glad to see this place:

Does anybody know about this bush with the bright red berries? I see them all over the place out there, but they do not grow anywhere near where I live, that I've ever seen. Doesn't look like anything eats them. Does Bigfoot like them? They are really bright red, almost glowing:

2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha crap your pants.Now you know how i feel when i go riding,it happens to me all the time.BUT i would of never made it to that outhouse,i would of had to take my chances with the car load of Nuns stopping to see if i needed help.He He

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny thing is, I hadn't left Wilderness too long before that and never had any idea of what was coming. It hit in the blink of an eye. By that time, I thought I was over halfway to the outhouse. In the end, turns out I wasn't over halfway and it would have been shorter to turn back. Notice how I rode right up to the door of the outhouse? You can almost see the skid marks in the picture - ATV and undergarment. Still can't believe all the traffic that was out there. It hurt so bad I was mere seconds from risking the encounter with the nuns!

    ReplyDelete