Monday, October 1, 2007

My phone rings the other night, and the conversation went like this:

Me; "Hello."

Male with heavy Iraqi-type accent; "You have dog?"

Me; "Ahhh, yes, I have two."

Accent; "Your dog barking. Keep me awake."

Me; "I think you have the wrong number. My dogs are in the house with me and are not barking."

Accent; "Yes. Your dog barking. Have to work in morning."

Me; "Where do you live?"

Accent; "I you neighbor."

Me; "I have no neighbors. I live way out in the country."

Accent; "Yes, I you neighbor. Just move here. I live in house by big oak tree."

Me; "Nope, you're not my neighbor. You have the wrong number."

Accent; "Tell you dog shut the fuck up!"

CLICK! He hangs up.

I think it was a crank call. It came in on one of my unlisted lines, so was probably a prankster just dialing numbers until they got someone. The Caller ID gave me his number, which I saved for future reference. Reverse phone lookup just says it's a Mauston cell phone number, and no additional information. I typed the number in as many things as I could find on the net, so I doubt if barking dogs are keeping him awake now as much as telemarketers! Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment