Thursday, October 4, 2007

I've sure been itching to go for a ride. Bike and ATV both! Too many other things with higher priority yet. I've been wanting to get to the bike trail while the fall colors are good, which will mostly be gone by next weekend or shortly after. And I'd like to get up to BRF before the ATV trails close on the 15th. I've still got to get something to plow driveways with too. I think I'll just end up getting a good snowblower. Tractor Supply has a nice one for $699, so that's probably where I'll go soon. It's the least complicated solution for now. I'm already in over my ass with complications lately, so don't need anymore at the moment.

I haven't been cutting any firewood. (What?!) I've got an overflow of wood again and it's hunting season. Even though hunting has been ruined for me forever, I don't like to screw around in the woods much then. I've still been handling firewood when I get a free minute! One of my piles tipped over in the wind and rain the other night, so I had to re-stack it. In between milking, the other stuff, and in the evenings, I've been splitting kindling. I can split it pretty fine with my new ax (when I'm not trying to chop my fingers and thumb off). It's very therapeutic! I've been splitting and splitting and splitting whenever I get the chance. I've got a cubic yard or more of it now, and I only use a couple pieces once a month! I have no idea what the hell I'm going to do with it. I've even ran out of room to store it in the garage.

If anybody with a fireplace or wood stove needs some oak kindling, let me know. I've got lots!

2 comments:

  1. I cut a little wood yesterday.I had to drive my non-shifting truck yesterday cause Tracie started at 6:15 and i started at 3:30.
    I stopped on my way home and cut for 2 hours.I cut 3 trees up,split the big ones and stacked the brush.That is the worst part,(stacking the brush)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I hate piling brush too. Fortunately I don't have to do that anymore after the tornado came through because there's brush everywhere. Anyway, the forester told us not to pile brush unless you are going to burn the pile. Turns out brush piles are a greater forest fire fuel than if the brush is laying on the ground below knee height. And brush piles take forever to break down. Not to mention the skunks!

    ReplyDelete