Sunday, October 21, 2007

We went to the haunted hayride/pumpkin walk at the Roche-A-Cri state park last night. It wasn't very scary, but I didn't expect it to be and it was fun just the same. Not much is scary after 20 years of marriage and children! It was more funny than anything. The funniest part was when Edgar, a guy that takes pictures for the newspaper, was photographing one of the displays along the ride. A young guy next to us screams and yells "oh my god, there's Edgar"! It was hilarious!

I was going to wear my Halloween mask last night, but changed my mind at the last minute and left it home. When we got there, nobody was wearing a costume. I told my wife that I wished I had worn my mask so that she wasn't the only one. Then she was pissed for some reason. Who knows, I'll never understand women. Something about she wasn't wearing a mask, is all I gathered.

We went on the pumpkin walk after the hayride. It was a mile and a half around the bluff, lighted all the way by Jack-O-Lanterns. It was really neat, and a nice night for a walk. Almost too warm, but I enjoy walking. At one point the trail goes uphill for a ways, and I was kind of glad when we got to the top and it was all back downhill from there! It wasn't too bad though. The worst part was this morning when I had another new calf waiting for me out in the pasture and had to carry it up to the barn! I really felt it when I got to the knee-deep shit in the barnyard. Whew. It wasn't a very big calf, but sure felt heavy this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment