Friday, March 23, 2007

Ahhh, Classmates.com - boooo hissssss! Many years ago I signed up with Classmates.com. It sounded like a neat thing, but once I signed up I found out that you can't contact any of your classmates or see their e-mail addresses etc. unless you pay for it. And it wasn't cheap either. No way. Booo! Anyway, I just let it go and never visited the web site again. Every so often I still get an e-mail from them bragging about some wonderful new service or begging me to pay for their service. The other day, I got a message from them saying that they were going to make everyone's profile viewable by the public for free (which it should have been from the beginning), but for a limited time only. Well, almost immediately the amount of spam I receive exploded! Went from maybe one a day or two, to 100+ spam messages a day this last week.

So, if you have noticed a sudden increase in spam messages to your e-mail address, and you are a member of Classmates. com, don't forget to thank them for another wonderful service! Hissssss!

1 comment:

  1. Them Bastards!
    I have wondered why i went from a few spam a day to 250.I emptied my spam last night(3-22-07) at 7 pm and as of 2pm(3-23-07)i have gotten 245 spam e-mails.That's almost as bad as getting them on my landline phone.I skipped checking my spam for 3 days and i got 575 spam e-mails.That's rediculas(or is it"is?)

    jr

    ReplyDelete