Saturday, March 3, 2007

This sounds familiar! Sure glad I dumped that damn old forum crap. Here's a few quotes on the support forum for the old forum hosting company:

"When The Server Problems Are Going To Be Fixed? If I may ask?I'm having all
sorts of problems here, server is very slow, up then down (freezes), then slow
again, then SQL errors then "Too Many Connections" then up then down again, all
this in half an hour, what's going on!?We're losing members here...Thanks for
any help in advance."

"Welcome aboard, seems like servers 2, 3, 5, 15 & 18 have those problems often. Server 1 stutters often too. I guess the servers are under a lot of stress because new forums are still registered on the old servers incl. 2 & 3 and new servers aren't being deployed to keep up with the demand. Also, old forums that are no longer active aren't being removed from the servers, I know a couple of forums on 3 that closed an year ago and they still aren't removed. They just take space and resources. Just be happy you aren't on server 3. It's offline more than it's online."

"Well, I don't know if I should be happy or not being on server 2, because lately this server is offline more than it's online too...I think Forumer staff should find a solution for this, it's causing a lot of damage to us, some members left us, simply because the forum is offline or very slow most of the time, it's not that easy to make people come to your forum but it's very easy to lose them, I've put lots of efforts to make my forum active and now this!I'm getting lots of complaints and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel, since the support keep saying that the admin is out of town, how come a whole business is dependent on one person? there should be another person who can handle such situation while the admin is "out-of-town"...I think Forumer are going to lose most of their customers if they were not able to find a solution for this problem very soon.Don't get me wrong, I like Forumer, but the whole point of a host is to host your site and keep it online, otherwise, you can't make business with them...Thank you, At least you replied... "

"I am glad I have a large forum. Enough members come back to keep it running through these slow times. I actually thought server 2 was one of the best servers because I haven't experienced a problem since October. Then about a week ago, the forum has been off and on. It is horrible. I hope Limez can fix it. It is like he is never on. There should at least be two, if not three admins. How can a site as large as Forumer work with only one person who is always out of town? This is seriously getting ridiculous. I would move, but Forumer doesn't allow it, and my forum has already gotten so large that it would be hard to start over.Let's get it together Forumer. "

"I have been a co-admin for nearly 7 years. The past 3 years we've been with Forumhoster (which we all know was taken over by Forumer.) and we've had nothing but great service and reliability. But recently, we have been experiencing horrible service. The first time we lost our forum was in late December, into early January. The server was down for nearly 2 weeks. Limez was out of town.Now our forum is down, yet again, and Limez is out of town. Customer service on this matter has been nothing more than a copy and paste "Our admins have been notified and will resolve this issue in a timely manner." Timely manner. What IS a timely manner to Forumer? To a customer of this service, a timely manner is at best, a few hours. Not the near week of offline that many of us have been experiencing.I ask Forumer this: Why is it that Limez is the only one who knows how to fix these problems when your customer base is larger than one person can handle?There are 16 servers, if my memory recalls me, and out of those 16, I'm seeing nearly half of them have complaints in the past week. Okay, so no one there can fix our issues. Can anyone give us an esitmate as to when our issues will be resolved? We, as many have asked, are looking for a timeframe as to when we can expect our forums to be returned to their normal functioning. A few more days? Another week? A month? I hope it's not a month.Not only are we having server issues, we are having customer service issues. Being left in the dark is far worse than any answer you could ever give us. Please, instead of just telling us "It will be looked at when Limez returns," give us a timeframe. We have members we care about who would like to know when they can return to the boards.Thank you. "

And it goes on and on. I was on Forumer with their crappy service for 3 years. Yuck. I feel for these guys. I know the problems well.

No comments:

Post a Comment