Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The spring rains are finally on their way! They will draw the last of the frost out of the ground and when the sun comes out again it will dry everything up. This time of year always sucks. It was two years ago today that I wound up in the hospital with pneumonia from moldy silage and hay. I avoid the moldy stuff now like it's the plague, but I always feel kind of crappy anyway. Everything is so wet, filthy, and moldy during the transition from winter snow to late spring sunshine. The cows have it on them from eating it and rubbing the bales, the barn has it floating around in the air, the calves have it in their bedding, YUCK! It's hard to avoid it altogether. About all I can do is hope for drier weather and pray I don't get too sick this year!

Sniffle, sniffle, blow my nose again.

No comments:

Post a Comment