Friday, March 30, 2007

The miniature calf is so far doing good. My daughter has a bunch of pictures of her, and I'll post some soon. She's not standing as steady as I would like to see, but being so small might cause her to take longer than the others to get it. Her eyes look a little funny too, but hopefully she's not blind. The poor thing, I think she was born a bit too early. As long as she doesn't get sick within the first week or so, she should make it. If they get the shits and/or a bellyache in the first week, they're usually done for. I'll be away from the farm for the next two days, so keeping my fingers crossed that she'll be properly cared for.

I've got the new quad all loaded up and ready to take her on her maiden voyage tomorrow. Although, the weather sounds kind of crappy. The noon weather guy said not an all day rain, but a chance of showers off and on. If it looks like a soaker in the morning, I'll stay home and ride some other day. We'll see.

I hope it turns out ok. I'm itching to get out and see if I'll be in need of some warranty work or not! Yikes, hope not. I've read a few stories about them being jetted wrong from the factory, but so far mine runs like a top. Also read some stories about the back brackets that hold the A-arms on failing and the wheels falling off (OH SHIT)! Gosh, it looks to me like they are built pretty tough and bolted in several places besides being welded all around to the subframe. It isn't the thickest material, but should be sufficient as long as it's good moly steel. I guess I'm not going to worry about it, especially since I heard the same thing about the Sportsman when I bought it and look how far it went. Besides, I only read that from two or three people, and they could be all the same guy! And nobody ever posted a single picture of it or anything, so I imagine it's all bullshit. Hard to say, but if it is true, the guys that posted about it also stated that they either:
A. rolled it
B. have oversize wheels on it
C. both A and B
D. are morons

No comments:

Post a Comment