Friday, March 23, 2007

I lowered the springs on the new quad down to the middle of their adjustment. All the way up was just too stiff. I should have tried it before I tightened them up in the first place. It still rides a little stiff, but better than it was. I think I'll leave them in the middle for now.

I'm up to about 20 miles, all from bombing around in the woods. Can't wait to go riding next Saturday and see how it does on the routes. Hopefully the weather stays nice like today. A motorcycle just went by!

So far the only things that I don't like about it, and those things are pretty minor, is it starts weird and it's kind of loud compared to the old Sportsman. I guess I'll have to learn how to start it. Turning the key like a car will take some getting used to. I'm used to pushing a button. And I can never quite figure out how it wants to be choked (or the lack of) and if it wants to be given a little gas or not when I start it. Sometimes it takes right off with full choke and no gas, the next day it will only start with partial choke and no gas, then the next day I may have to give it a little gas to getting it going at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment