Saturday, March 3, 2007

My old snow plow has just about seen the end of it's life. It's bent so bad that when I plow with the blade angled to the right, I can't turn because it rubs the right front tire and it's starting to cut a groove in the tire. The welds are all broke again, the push bars are twisted and bent, the wear bar is worn down to the bolts, and the mount on the ATV is all bashed in. I'm not complaining though. It's certainly earned it's keep. It's plowed my driveway and others every year since 1996, not to mention all the dirt grading and grubbing some stumps out (mostly by accident). Now it's time to retire it.

I still haven't decided what to replace it with. A 4wd truck with a plow? Buy a plow kit for my wife's Cherokee? Another new plow kit for my ATV? My ATV is no spring chicken either. Or maybe a good snow blower? About the same price as another new plow kit for the ATV, certainly cheaper than the other alternatives, and a lot easier on the ATV. Gives some exercise, but yet not as much as a shovel (I'm not that crazy). Hmmm, I'll have to give my choices more thought. Hopefully we've seen the last of all the "plowing" snow for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment