Monday, April 16, 2007

And another calf born yesterday. Normally I take Sunday off, but I went down last night to get the calf and mother in the barn. If it had been one of the old cows I wouldn't have worried about it, but it was a heifer that had never been in the barn before. And since I take Sundays off, there is usually a bunch people helping on Sunday and I didn't feel like getting her in the barn by myself this morning in the knee deep shit in the barnyard. (No less than five people there last night to take the place of little ol' me, I work almost completely alone the rest of the week.)

I have a conflict for next Saturday. I think I will be helping the ATV club clean up the routes, but on the same day is the first work day in preparation for the antique club's show on the 28th. The antique club cleaned up all the old cars and other junk last year, so unless more junk got hauled in there (I rarely ever go beyond the barn, so don't know for sure) everything should be fairly junk free yet. And they are having another work day on the Friday before the show that I will be helping with, plus the show itself. So, unless the weather is bad, or something tips the scales the other way, I will be cleaning routes with the ATV club next Saturday.

I've added a video to the home page. Something I'm experimenting with. I have a lot of home movies, but never really did much with them before because the files are so big. But, between trimming and compressing, and then using Google to display them, it makes them a little more reasonable to view. I've got some ideas about filming a few things, now that I can share the videos more easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment