Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I bought this chair on clearance at Pamida the other day. I have to say, I am disappointed. It wasn't much to put together, a couple allen bolts and slide the cushions on. I finished the assembly, sat down on it, and heard a funny noise. Within minutes I was pinned against my computer desk! It has two u-shaped peices of pipe that stick up from the central pivot point that the entire chair hangs and glides on. One of the pipes was welded kind of goofy and immediately bent, sending the front of the chair to the floor with me in it. I contemplated returning it for a replacement, which I doubt would be built any better, or for a refund. Mrs. Reverend mentioned that they might just think I was too much man for the chair and it wasn't designed for me. What the hell does that mean? :)
With my amount of man in question, I decided to repair it. I pried the bent pipe with a big pry bar back up to the proper height. I then cut and drilled two pieces of angle iron and attached them to the glider bolts on the ends of the pipes. So far holding good. I really hate it when I buy something new and have to rebuild it right out of the box. Maybe a little black paint on the angles? Probably not.

2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha,too much of a man for the chair!What does that mean?Your getting too big for your britches?Your too manly?As long as your chair seems to hold up to all that weight(he he)it should be ok.Just don't let the girls plop their big butts in it.

    Junior

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every ounce is pure muscle and sex appeal!

    ReplyDelete