Monday, September 17, 2007

Cut another load of wood today. Yup, life goes on. Well, at least for the rest of us it does. The cows still need to be milked, the birds still sing, and the wind still blows. Fortunately Mom will be the last one I have to bury. Next time will be my daughter's generation burying me. I am the old generation. No more grandparents and both my parents are gone now too.

We took care of everything with the funeral director yesterday. To the tune of over $4000. Mom always said she wanted to make sure she had enough money to cover the cost of her own funeral, so we wouldn't have to. So far we found a piece of paper with a life insurance company name on it, that Mom wrote "$5000 policy" on, but no policy number. Can you see the sweat beginning to bead up on my forehead? I'm sure everything will turn out ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment