Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I think the hot and humid days are about to come to an end. We'll have more warm days, but very few humid ones. That's ok with me. I like to run my woodstove anyway. I don't much care for plowing snow (which, by the way, I still have to figure out what I'm going to do to replace the old Sportsman for plowing this winter). But I do enjoy fiddling with the stove and putting my feet up by the fire. It's a good feeling when you're heating your house all with your own labor and not depending on the gas and electric companies.

Speaking of my own labor, I just got done with one of those ten minute projects that turned into most of the day and two trips to town. I'm no plumber and I'm certainly no carpenter, but because of a crappy old shack, I've had to teach myself things that I never wanted to know how to do. A simple replacing of a toilet wax ring turned into a broken flange repair, which turned into a floor rebuilding! But, I did it all by myself, all in less than a day, and for under 20 bucks!

Anyone looking to purchase a real nice place? It even includes a bridge in Brooklyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment