Wednesday, September 12, 2007

How does she manage to plug the kitchen drain so much?! ARGH! I'm pretty sure she thinks we have a garbage disposal (which we do not) and that's how she does it. Plugs it so tight that I have to take the pipes apart, seal the vent pipe off, and use the air compressor to blow the drain out! She just plugged it last week too. Otherwise, at least once a year. Hopefully we're good now for a couple years after this. I used enough very loud swear words that I think the drain, the wife, and any neighbors within ten miles got the idea.

Well, the short story - the ax doesn't work nearly as good as the 6# maul. The 6# maul is the only tool to use for splitting wood. It's the right weight, the right shape, swings at the right speed, and does a great job.

The long story - yes, the ax is too sharp and sticks in the top of the block the first couple swings, but that will cure itself eventually. The real problem is the exact opposite of what I said the only advantage of the 8# maul is. The ax gets the block to the point where it's opening up and getting ready to bust apart, but then it just doesn't seem to have the momentum to carry it through and complete the split. And since it doesn't carry through, it gets wedged way down in the block. So, it's swing-stuck-bend over-wiggle wiggle, swing-stuck-bend over-wiggle wiggle, swing-stuck-bend over-wiggle wiggle, over and over again until the ax finally gets the block to finish busting. Good thing I brought my old reliable 6# maul along or I would have still been splitting. The maul cracks them right open. But anyway, I now have a real good quality full size ax. Not sure what I will use it for, but it looks nice hanging on the wall with my collection!

Now that I'm done fixing that drain maybe I'll run out and cut another load of wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment