Friday, September 28, 2007

I was splitting some kindling earlier today. Well, I guess that's not exactly news, you know me and my firewood addiction. But, I was using my new, still too sharp, ax. Due to a number of very stupid moves on my part, a chain reaction occurred. That chain reaction ended with the ax across the thumb and pointer finger of my left hand where they meet my palm.

I'm pretty goddamn tough when it comes to silly things like that, if I say so myself. I wasn't even going to do anything about it, just continue to fill my kindling bucket, but the blood was making the handle slippery. So, good old duct tape. Except that the tape wouldn't stick to the blood. Couple staples were required to hold the tape in place, then I could finally hold the handle enough to finish my splitting. I hate being slowed down by goofy complications.

No comments:

Post a Comment