Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Didn't cut any wood today. Spent the morning ordering flowers. Then part of the afternoon going through insurance papers and looking for phone numbers. And finally I worked on my porch woodpile a little bit. (Didn't think I'd go a whole day without touching firewood somehow, did you?) I normally pile it between a pipe I drove in the ground and the side of the house. The pipe has been leaning more and more every year, so I decided to try to strengthen it somehow. I thought about putting an eye bolt in the side of the house and run a rope to the pipe, but it would probably just pull the crappy siding off, or the whole crappy wall. Anyway, I decided on putting a fence post in next to the house and running the rope between that and the pipe. I think it will hold the pipe up well.

I put my old windshield on the Hawkeye a few days ago. I had to readjust it from the way it was on the Sportsman, but I got it on there. Then I tried to open the front storage compartment and it wouldn't open because it hit the windshield! Had to rearrange things again. Now it works good. I'm not sure if it will go in the garage while on the back of my truck anymore though. I like to keep it loaded up in my truck and in the garage the night before a ride, and sometimes afterwards if I get home late. But, it looks like it might be 2 or 3 inches too tall to fit in under the garage door now. If so, I'll probably take the windshield off.

No comments:

Post a Comment