Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Another beautiful day! Just got done planting my garden. It's a little earlier than normal, so I hope it doesn't freeze. Last year all my super secret sweetcorn ripened on almost the same day. I thought I would try to avoid that this year by having a few plantings a week or so apart, but decided at the last minute not to bother messing with all that. Late July or early August I'll have lots of FREE sweetcorn for whoever wants it!

Boy, I can't wait to go riding! I think I'll be riding the bike trails this Sunday, and finally the following Saturday I'll be on the ATV trails. Now I just need to figure out when I'm going fishing.

The ATV ride on the 19th sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun! I hope no wheels fall off and my handlebars don't break. :) I wonder what I can take to contribute to their sub sandwich lunch that won't be all gooshey and beat up by the time I get to Hatfield? I remember one time when Edselracer brought along a sub sandwich and by the time we stopped for lunch, there was mayonnaise and sandwich innards smeared all over! Ha ha! What a laugh we had. Those were the days.

Speaking of laughing, I watched "Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector" for the first time last night. What a funny movie. I loved it!

Been keeping my eyes peeled for morel mushrooms. So far nothing. Should be popping up pretty soon, especially if it stays warm and we get a little rain. Also should be finding asparagus now too. I forgot to look on my bike ride last night, but won't forget tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment