Sunday, June 24, 2007

Had a great time with the Castle Rock Family ATV Club on the scavenger hunt yesterday! Theresa put a lot of work into the list. We rode about 50 miles in search of the items. They even got to "blow the horn" in Old Finley.

We only had a couple minor breakdowns that were able to be repaired on the trail. The first one before we were out of the parking lot, when a float stuck on one machine and it flooded over. Then at Josie's a tie rod lost it's nut and fell off another machine.

It was dusty in sand country, as usual, but I hang back pretty far to keep away from the cloud. Doesn't bother me much that way. I also carry a mask with me, but it doesn't help a lot so I don't wear it if I can avoid it. Some looked like they had been riding the potato digger! Been there, done that.

The Hawkeye is about to roll over the 600 mile mark now and no big complaints. Another couple of months and I'll see how it does crashing through the brush with loads of firewood.

Gee, what to do today? Maybe go riding again? :-)

2 comments:

  1. Yup!Great time on the ride.Now i gotta relax and recover from all the fun.Gotta hit BRF some day.

    Jr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup!Great time on the ride.Now i gotta relax and recover from all the fun.Gotta hit BRF some day.

    Jr

    ReplyDelete