Friday, March 21, 2008

arrrrrggh! It's snowing again! Snowing hard too. It started at 5:00 this morning and within a few minutes it was really coming down. Now, 2 1/2 hours later, we already have 3 inches. Next year when the groundhog pokes his head out of his hole, I think someone should holler "PULL" (you trap shooters will know what I mean).

I'm so sick of these global warming people. Don't you believe a word of it. Yesterday I was reading an article about how the cherry trees at the capitol are getting ready to bloom at the end of this month (March) when 30 years ago they didn't normally bloom until April 5th. That's a sure sign of global warming. No it's not - it's bullshit. First of all, the "end of March" is so close to "the beginning of April/the 5th" that it makes little difference to the cherry trees. You can't say that they always bloomed on the 5th of April until global warming came along. That would be a lie. They also don't mention how many years the blossoms were killed by a late frost.

Take my crocuses for instance. They're always the first to bloom in Spring. Some years I've had crocuses blooming already in February. Some years not until May. You just can't use the day some plants blossom as an indicator of anything, other than current Spring's weather. Al Gore and his global warming people dream up the craziest shit. I could go on and on, but I won't. People like us with a brain know that you can make up anything as a theory to prove anything else, but that doesn't make it fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment