Thursday, March 27, 2008

While I was out in the woodpile loading the trailer this morning, my gas man drove by. He smiled and waved. I smiled and waved. If everything goes like normal, I won't be needing him until the week after the 4th of July, when the gas is at it's cheapest (which is still too much).

Anyway, seeing him while hauling wood reminded me of a conversation him and I once had. He told me that at first he couldn't believe the people in this area could even afford to heat their homes without the use of wood. Then he said he began to realize that most of them were wealthier than they pretended to be.

I laughed and told him that he was probably right. Even though Karen and I make far less money than anybody else we know, it's not important. We're still happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment