Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The cows have been kicking a lot lately. He feeds their bale to them in the pasture in the same spot, day after day, no matter how much I say he shouldn't do that. The cows then lay where they eat their bale, in their shit and piss over and over again. Then they get covered with shit, including their tits. Their tits then get chapped and split and bloody and sore, just like chapped lips do. Then they kick me. But I guess it only matters to the one that does the milking, me.

Anyway, I get kicked in the hands and arms every morning and every night and occasionally my feet get stomped on. Sometimes I get kicked in the legs. A few times per year I get kicked in the back from the cow next to the one I am working on. But, this morning was a first. I was putting the milker on #11. The moment that I'm putting the milker on is the worst possible time that they can kick, because I am not able to hang onto anything and block their leg with my arm. Just then, she kicked. She got her leg past my arm, and kicked me square in the chest! Never been kicked in the chest before.

And all this for less than minimum wage! Yee haw!


Here is #11's hoof print on my shirt.


Here is what happens sometimes when I get kicked in the leg. (my skin color is normally white)

And people preach to me about not wearing a helmet when riding my ATV? Ha ha! Wear one if you want, but don't try to force your perception of danger on me. My ATV does not frighten me.

No comments:

Post a Comment