Tuesday, March 18, 2008

If you're looking for a cheaper alternative to the name-brand oil and oil filter for your Polaris single cylinder ATV (the twin cylinder engines take a different filter), look no further than your local Wal-mart or Farm and Fleet stores. Usually about half the price of the Polaris dealer, and most likely the same stuff without the Polaris name. The only problem I have had with Wal-mart, is some stores will have the filter and not the oil, while others are just the opposite - oil but no filter. Farm and Fleet so far has always had both.

The oil is Mobil 0w40 fully synthetic. My Hawkeye manual says to use only 0w50, but when I tried to get it from my Polaris dealer, he said they don't even carry it. All they use is the same stuff that my Sportsman called for, 0w40.

The Fram PH6017A filter is identical to the Polaris stock filter. It is a little bit longer than the original Hawkeye filter, but once again the dealer told me they use on the Hawkeye the same thing as the old Sportsman filter. Which is ok with me - since it's a little longer than the original it has a greater capacity. More oil for the engine to work with is always a plus.

Mobil Fully Synthetic 0w40


Fram Oil Filter For Single Cylinder Polaris ATVs

No comments:

Post a Comment