Thursday, March 27, 2008

While I'm thinking of it, I want to thank everyone again for posting events on my calendar! I see April is filling up fast. (G-ma, I hope the displayed dates/days have corrected themselves.)

It's time to haul my month's worth of wood up and clean my chimney again. I guess I really wouldn't need to haul any wood up, but take it out of the main woodpile daily as needed. Although, it is nice to have a supply of wood under cover just outside the door. Beats hauling it across the yard in the snow everyday. Plus I use that as a gauge for when it's time to clean the chimney. When the month's worth of wood is gone, then I clean the chimney. I probably wouldn't need to clean the chimney that often, but I'm paranoid about chimney fires. When I was a kid we had chimney fires quite often. They never worried Dad much, but they scared the hell out of me. That feeling has stuck with me all my life.

Depending on the weather, maybe this will be the last time for the season. I doubt it though. Most likely there will be one more time between now and the middle of May. Every year the last day of fire for the season is Memorial Day weekend. It just works out that way, Memorial weekend is the last cool/cold days. Then no fire until late August, when there is usually one or two cool nights. Then a few more cool nights in September, plus a couple cool days. By the end of October, it's back to burning 24/7. So, the "off season" doesn't last very long. Global Warming.

No comments:

Post a Comment