Saturday, March 1, 2008

I would say that March came in like a lamb today. Warmish, a little sunshine, not much wind. Make a note of that, and we'll see how close the old wives' tale is on the 31st.

The barn is full, not a single empty stanchion, and only one dry cow. That's a first, since I started doing this full-time 10 years ago and part-time before that. Went from milking 20 cows just a couple weeks ago, to milking 32 now. Takes quite a bit longer for me to get done. 10 years ago, there was no less than Darin, Travis, Lee, Kevin, Larry, Bob, and Bill helping out besides. Now there's me. Working alone might not be so bad when you own the place and it's your farm. It's not my farm, I do not own it. Even minimum wage would make it feel a little better, but that hasn't happened in 10 years. It will never happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment