Saturday, August 4, 2007

Another great ride with the Castle Rock Family ATV Club! We rode all over our routes in Northern Juneau County while competing in the Cutler Fire Department's poker run. It started out really dusty and dry in the morning, but by noon or so it had begun to rain. And the rain steadily increased throughout the day. That settled the dust. They really needed the rain too. The Yellow River doesn't have any water in it!

I had stuff with me to wear in case of rain. My rain pants that I bought at Wal-mart (or one of the places like that) worked great. Never got a drop through them. My $1.29 poncho from Farm and Fleet did ok, but gradually disintegrated as the day wore on. By the time I got back to the truck, it was more screen than poncho! I guess maybe I'll have to start carrying my rain jacket instead. My shirt still wasn't too wet, just a little damp in places, but if I had rode another mile I would have been completely poncho-less!

No comments:

Post a Comment