Tuesday, August 7, 2007

It really sucked milking the cows today. Not so much the heat, but the humidity. I had a dew point of around 80 all day. I've rarely, if ever, seen it so high. The barn floor was sweating and slippery. And cows' body temps are normally something like 102 as it is. Plus, tonight I had to test the cows so it took all the longer.

I fixed the heifer fence out behind the barn this morning after milking, and that was a sweaty project too. Master had 7 of the calves locked in the tin shed out back and they were wallowing in shit up to their bellies! I couldn't stand it anymore and fixed it myself. I get sick of the broken promises all the time. Those calves were sure happy to be out of there! And I feel a lot better knowing that they aren't cooped up in there. Now if I could just pry some money out of his tight fist to fix many of the other condition problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment