Thursday, August 2, 2007

It drives me nuts when people don't finish things, and/or they do a half-assed cobble job. Some days it seems like I'm surrounded by it. Mrs. Reverend says I expect too much from people. That they aren't perfect. Well, I agree with her to a point, but I never expect anybody to be perfect. I do expect them to try. I also expect them to learn from their mistakes so that they don't make the same ones over again.

For example, the county highway department started to paint the lines on our road over two weeks ago. That day they did the yellow line and one white line. Then they never came back! We have a nice-looking new yellow line, and one nice-looking white line, and one shitty-looking old white line. I guess it really wouldn't bother me, mostly because it fits right in with everything else around here, but I walk back and forth across the road many times a day and I have to laugh and shake my head! And it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they leave it that way and never finish painting the last line. I will be more surprised if they do come back and finish it.

And don't get me started on County Highway F where they build a brand new road but don't put new culverts in, then come back a few years later, tear the new road up to put new culverts in, then never pave back over where they put them in! Ha ha ha ha! I never admit that I'm from Adams County.

Not to seem like I'm just picking on the highway department either. It's everywhere. You can even see it on the Internet. Look at how old and out of date the information is on a lot of web sites, half of which barely even work. Not saying I know what the hell I'm doing, but at least I try to put different words on here once in awhile! And maybe even a picture or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment