Saturday, August 18, 2007

I picked up the phone to call the septic service yesterday morning after milking and no dial tone! Argh! What next? I had a dial tone at the box outside, so knew the problem was between there and the phone jack. There is a splice under the deck out back that I've had trouble with before. So shinny under there, yank on the wires a few times, and success - dial tone!

The sewage sucking service came right over and did the nasty business, plugging their hose so bad one time that they had to reverse the flow of the pump on their truck. The young guy holding the end of the hose said "I hate this part" as the poop began spraying and splattering out of the hose, now unclogged! I'm not sure it was worth the $90 I paid them, but at that moment it probably seemed to him like not enough. It was certainly cheaper than the $600 LP gas bill we paid off yesterday. Fortunately we won't need either one of those things again until at least next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment