Sunday, August 12, 2007

The electricity is back on! After 10 hours. Really not that long this time. When most people's electric goes out, I hear them talking about how it was off for 30 minutes, or maybe an hour, but not here. We normally measure the length of our outages in days! Fits right in with everything else. (By the way, they still didn't finish painting that third line on the road! And I never did get my dollar back from the parks dept.)

Anyway, I haven't been out in the woods yet, but there is no damage in my yard. Not even a limb down. One lawn chair upside down. I had the old tent set up because the girls were saying they wanted to camp in the yard (which they never did) and that looks to be in great shape too. I could hear the wind howling, but it sounded like it was way overhead and not reaching the ground. It was windy, but not severe.

Sure is nice to have water again! That's what I miss the most when the power is out. I hate pooping in the poison ivy. Tracie, watch your step! Hee hee.

3 comments:

  1. I had one limb fall in the driveway.Michael pulled it into the yard and that is as far as it got.Not too sure but i think my electric never went out.Dad said his was out until 5am that morning and there is alot of limbs that fell in town including whole trees blown over.most of the damage is from the DNR station south.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were pretty busy in town on the scanner. Thought I heard that the city garage had been damaged too. Not even a little bit of damage here. The power went out at 11:30 pm and came back on at 9:30 am.

    Weather radio just went off now. Severe t-storm watch until 4:00 am. Was looking at the radar and looks pretty yucky up by the twin cities right now. Hopefully nothing comes of it here. Could use the rain, but don't like the severe shit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap! They finished painting the last line on the road today! What, like a month late?

    ReplyDelete