Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Here's the scenario: The National Weather Service issues a flash flood watch 12-18 hours before the event is expected to begin. That's great, plenty of warning. This was at 3:30 in the morning. I have a weather radio with alert (as I'm sure everyone does nowadays). It sets on the head of my bed so I'm sure to hear any severe weather alerts in the middle of the night (see where this is going?). 3:30 in the morning the alert goes off for a flash flood watch that doesn't go into effect until 18 hours later. Hmmm. Not the first time. If it had been 4:30, I would have been up and going by then. But not usually at 3:30. And once I'm awake, I'm up. Come on weather service, how about we wait until daylight or so for non-emergency broadcasts?

No comments:

Post a Comment