Friday, August 24, 2007

With all the rain lately, the ATV trails shouldn't be too dusty! I'll bet they're real muddy. Sounds like fun.

Since the Castle Rock Family ATV Club weekend in Clark County had to be canceled, and I don't have to milk the cows tomorrow (I could milk them if I wanted to - not), I'm still going riding. At first I thought I would drive up to Hatfield and bomb around the trails from there north. But, I checked Jackson's web site (they do a good job on their web site with the latest information) and they are opening the trails back up today. In that case, I think I'll go to good old Millston instead. Maybe ride up to Hatfield and back. I've got the whole day to have fun, so why not?

I am going to take my winch though. I'll be alone, and even though the Hawkeye is lighter, it would probably still be a bitch to get out of the mud by myself. I don't mind riding alone, I used to do it a lot over a decade ago when I was one of the few around here that had an ATV, but I do like to be prepared just in case. Usually I take way more stuff than I need, although in recent years I've been trying to curb that habit. You just never know when you might need something. Hmm, now where is my defibrillator? Ha ha! Don't think I could use it on myself anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment