Thursday, August 30, 2007

You'll never guess what I did today! I cut wood! See, I knew you'd never guess. Actually, it was much more exciting today. I used my spare saw! Wow. Hee hee.

It does the spare saw good to be run once in awhile. If the seals harden and crack in a 4-stroke engine, it might leak a little oil or gas. But the saw is a 2-stroke. If the seals harden in that, if it runs at all, it will probably run long enough to burn the engine up. Running the saw once in awhile keeps things lubricated and pliable.

The spare saw is actually newer than my favorite saw. They are both 026 Stihls, and look almost identical. But the newer spare saw doesn't have carb adjustments and always runs too rich. Drives me nuts. I run it with an old worn out air filter and threw the muffler screen away. It helped, but it's still just a hair too rich. All it needs is one little tweak on the high speed mixture, if it had a mixture screw!

No comments:

Post a Comment