Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Bring it on. I'm ready. Got my wood hauled up and the chimney cleaned. Stove just starting to get back up to temperature again now.

Once I got the wood hauled up and the trailer unhooked, I hadn't started cleaning the chimney yet. I decided to give my woods trail a try. I just couldn't resist. There's a valley right behind my house. I made it down into the valley, then started up the other side. About halfway to the snowmobile trail, I broke through the icy crust underneath! At that moment, I thought; "How stupid can I be. I haven't even started cleaning the chimney yet and here I am buried in the woods!" Well, the little Hawkeye backed right out of it with no trouble. So what did I do then? Yep, I floored it and tried it again! This time I made it all the way to the snowmobile trail. Then I chickened out and didn't go any farther. I turned around in the snowmobile trail and came back to start cleaning my chimney.

2 comments:

  1. You shouldn't doubt the Hawkeye.I am sure she will go through more snow that you think.

    Did you have problems going back up the little hill behind your house?

    I should haul a little wood over to my wood furnace also.I am sure the wood pile will be buried with snow tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does real good, because it's so light on stays on top. But, there's 6+ inches on top, then a thick layer of crusty snow/ice, then another whole bunch of snow underneath! And it's tires are pretty short.

    No, didn't have any problems getting back up the hill, once I had the trail opened up. I didn't break through the crust there.

    ReplyDelete