Sunday, February 24, 2008

On a whim, I loaded up the Hawkeye and headed over to Necedah for a little while. It was a beautiful day for it. The snow is rapidly wearing out it's welcome though. All of my favorite unloading spots were buried in snow and the route signs are mostly under the snowbanks. All this snow sometimes makes me think about owning a snowmobile again. Years like this, I miss it a little. Then I just remind myself that for the next 8-10 years the snowmobiling conditions will suck again and it would probably be a waste to own one. I have no place to store it, and leaving a snowmobile outside is hard enough on it in the Summer. Not to mention the years that it will be setting unused all Winter too.

It's too bad we can't ATV right from our yard, like the snowmobiles. I remember when they were campaigning to more than double the ATV registration fee to the current $30. Among other things, they promised the money would be used to build new trails and eventually a state-wide trail system. Never happened. Never will. All lies. One thing is for sure, the family that controls ATVing in this state (and all of the ATV registration money) has been doing it for far too long. It's time for a change. Image is nothing when it portrays a lack of courage and an inability to make progress. But, that's the subject of a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment