Wednesday, February 27, 2008

March is a month of old memories for me. Some good, some not so good.

March 2nd, 2003 I helped the Castle Rock Family ATV Club host the SWIRA ice races on the lake. It was the second thing I had ever done with the club, and a lot of fun (the first thing was only two weeks before). Ah, the good old days.

March 7th, 2002 was the day I had heart surgery at Meriter in Madison.

March 16th is a day of several events. First and foremost, this year Mrs. Reverend and I will have been together for 21 years. Every one of them happier than the last! On this day in 2005 I quit smoking, and have never looked back. And, on this day in 2007 I traded in my old Sportsman 500 and brought home my Polaris Hawkeye ATV.

March 22nd, 2005 was the day I found myself in a hospital bed, on oxygen, fighting pneumonia.

March is also the month we make our annual last ride for the winter in Jackson County, before the trails close until summer. Many years it's kind of wet and cold, but still fun just the same. Only two more Sundays to choose from before the trails close again this spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment