Sunday, February 17, 2008

It's pouring rain right now, at 27 degrees. Looks like we have about 1/4 inch of ice so far. At 5:00 this morning the weather radio alarm went. They issued a Blizzard Warning. I don't think I have ever heard the alarm go off for winter-time stuff in the 15 years that I have had a weather radio. Usually they only set it off for summer-type storms.

I hope this one's not too much like the good 'ol days! Ha ha! I remember when I was a kid and the power would go out for days after a major ice/snow storm. In which case, you might have to wait a little bit for pictures.

I already, in the dark this morning, took a few pictures of the icicles forming on the deck railing, and a short movie of the rain, and a picture of the big word "BLIZZARD" and little red light on the weather radio.

As much as I dislike snow (except a tiny bit at Christmas), I really really hate freezing rain! You can't do anything thing with it, aside from praying for warm weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment