Monday, February 18, 2008

Well, turns out it wasn't too bad of a storm. The wind didn't blow near as much as they predicted, we've certainly had more than a 1/4 inch of ice before, and a lot more than 11 inches of snow in one storm in years past. We've had almost that much in previous storms this year!

They already canceled school last night. The roads weren't that bad. I took a little drive to town (12 miles one-way) and back about 5:00pm and it wasn't bad at all. Got to town and almost all the businesses were closed! Pussies. The few that were open were making good money. I've heard some places, besides schools, will be closed yet today! What?! If we were to get a big storm, what would they do then?

I'll be plowing snow again today, but less than I have ever plowed! My sister's husband bought a brand-new $850 snowblower on Saturday! I've plowed their driveway for them for 17 years. Now I won't know what to do with all the extra time I'll have when it snows. Might have to get a snowmobile. I still have to plow over at Mom's house, until it's sold, but that driveway doesn't take too long. The hardest part is loading the blower up, hauling it over there, then doing it all in reverse to come back home. Easier than doing the same routine was with the old ATV, but still a pain in the ass just the same. Only now I will have to do it once less each time!

My sister's husband called me last night and said a wheel fell off his new snowblower. Apparently there's a pin that holds it on and that is missing. I told him he better take it back to the Co-op where he bought it for $850 and raise hell today! I looked the wheels over on mine, but they're bolted solid onto a splined shaft. No worries there.

2 comments:

  1. It was bad for Tracie and I cause the Toyota is only 3" off the ground.We went to town in the morning around 9 or so it wasn't bad going to town but coming home i had to run in 3rd gear cause there was too much snow for the little thing.

    They canceled my work for today too,1st time in 10 years.

    I probably got 11 or 12 inches of snow up here as well.I blew the drive out once in the morning cause the little blower can't handle the deep stuff.

    Woke up the morning and it's snowing some more.I hope like hell it don't all of a sudden get 70 outside and all this snow melts all at once.I will have to row the boat to town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, that's why when she gets her new Kia we're going to keep the Cherokee just for such weather conditions. That Jeep is a great car when it comes to wintertime roads.

    I remember one storm back in the early 90s the sheriff's dept. came around picking up all the nurses for the nursing home and the hospital. That's the trouble with being a nurse, they don't let you take off for anything. They didn't pick her up though, because I took her to work in my pickup (it was before we had the Cherokee).

    We got 22 inches from that storm and the drift in front of the garage was up to the top of the door! I only had the little snowblower, but if I just pushed it into the snowbank, then pulled it back, the snow above it would fall down. Then I just pushed it into it again and kept doing that until the snow was gone. I had to do that same method a couple times with the big blower last night!

    ReplyDelete